Yes, you can transport instruments such as guitars, drums, trumpets, among others. Check them in depending on their size, as carry-on baggage or as additional baggage. This baggage is subject to space, we recommend you consult before your flight, the additional baggage charges.
You may also bring art items, which must always remain in your custody or declared to be shipped in the warehouse.
How can you transport your instruments?
- If you are carrying musical instruments with dimensions less than or equal to (120 H x 30 W x 20 L) and weighing no more than 10 kg, you may carry them as a replacement for your carry-on baggage or personal item.
- Remember to carry it in the proper packaging and make sure it fits in the compartments of the aircraft cabin.
- To transport your instruments as checked baggage, they must be in rigid cases with dimensions not exceeding 158 linear cm and weighing 23 kg.
- Each instrument counts as a piece of baggage, therefore, it may be charged according to your ticket fare.
- You can travel with pieces weighing up to 45 kg and measuring up to 300 cm, which will be charged extra for overweight or oversized pieces.
- You can request an an extra seat for your instrument in the aircraft cabin by contacting our Contact Center, at our sales offices, or at the counter at the airport.
- When you purchase an additional seat, you have the right to take more baggage, corresponding to the additional ticket you purchased.
- During the flight, you must fasten the item with the seatbelt, and the item must be in its original case. Maximum weight: 75 kg. Maximum height: 203.2 cm.
How can you transport antiques and works of art?
Antiques and works of art must be transported as carry-on baggage under your custody and responsibility (weight and size permitting). Remember that these items must be declared.
In case it does not meet the requirements to travel as baggage, we recommend transporting it with a cargo company, learn more at Avianca Cargo.
For this type of articles you must sign the Limited Liability Form that you will find in the counters of the airports, in which we inform you that due to the type of article this cannot be transported as hold baggage.