Before you begin using your card, you must complete the activation process. Remember that, for your security, this process must be done personally, because once completed, the Avianca UATP Card will be available for redemption, and anyone other than you who knows the information will be able to redeem the card. To activate your card, follow the steps detailed below:
- Log into your My Avianca profile using your LifeMiles, Gmail or Apple account.
- Click on "My profile" and check that your personal information is correct and up to date.
- Go to the "Avianca Wallet" section, where you will find detailed information about the UATP Card, along with its terms and conditions.
- Click the "Activate UATP Card" button
- Check that your first and last names are correct and click the "Confirm my details" button.
- Fill out the travel information of the ticket to be refunded; that is, the booking code, original ticket number and city and date of the flight of origin.
- Click on the "Request Card" button.
- At the bottom of the "Avianca Wallet"page, you can find your Avianca UATP Card in the "My Cards" section
- To view your Avianca UATP Card information, click on "Show details". Remember that your Avianca UATP Card is a credit card that works as a means of payment, so your information (card number, first and last name of the cardholder, booking or original ticket and expiration date) should not be shared, and the proper safekeeping of the card information is your responsibility; the disclosure of the data would allow unauthorized use on your part for which Avianca is not responsible.
Puedes You can view the above steps in the following video
Now you are ready to use your Avianca UATP Card. That means with your information you can buy tickets and/or additional services on flights operated by Avianca (AV), TACA (TA), LACSA (LR) and Avianca Ecuador (2K) only. You can buy tickets from other airlines as long as you have bought them directly through Avianca (shared code). Remember:
- As soon as you enter your card information, the system will recognize that it is UATP and will not request CVV.
- To use your card balance, it is important that you have the card number, the expiration date and the current balance on hand. You can check these details in your My Avianca profile before making your purchase.
- If the value of the new purchase you want to make exceeds the balance on your Avianca UATP Card, you can use your card balance and another credit card directly at avianca.com. (Applies for USD, COP and BRL currencies)
The card balance can be used multiple times until it is exhausted.
Tips for the security of your Avianca UATP Card
- It is important that you do not share the information of your booking or of the original ticket that was transferred to the Avianca UATP Card.
- The information on your Avianca UATP Card is confidential and personal, so you must protect it like any other credit or debit card that works as a common means of payment.
- Remember that the Avianca UATP Card holder will be solely responsible for the security and proper use of the card; therefore, do not share or disclose your card information.
- Keep in mind that when you create a booking with your new Avianca UATP Card, you must enter your personal information correctly because this will be our communication channel with you.