Yes, you can fly with your portable dialysis equipment taking into account the following specifications:
- Medical certificate: must include your personal details, full name, age, ID number, flight details (date, route and booking code) along with a description of the medical diagnosis.
- Maximum weight: 12 kg (26 lb).
- Maximum height: 16 cm (6.3 in).
- Maximum length: 38 cm (15 in).
- Maximum width: 30 cm (12 in).
- Portable dialysis machine stand: approximate weight of 9 kg (20 lb) and 158 linear centimeters (62 in).
- Peritoneal dialysis solution: 2-day treatment (8 bags), approximate weight 2.5 kg (5.5 lb) per bag. Approximate total weight of 20 kg (44 lb).
Keep in mind:
- In-flight use is restricted.
- Machine stand and peritoneal dialysis solution must be carried as checked baggage.