Flying with kids

What documents are required for a child to fly?

Know the requirements and necessary authorizations for the departure and entry of children or infants, depending on the immigration authority of each country. You may have to comply with additional specifications if the regulations of your destination require it.

To find more specific information about this topic, consult the official website of the countries you are departing from and arriving at.

Identify the necessary documents according to your country:

Brazil Colombia Chile Spain Mexico Peru United Kingdom

If the child or baby is traveling with one of his/her parents

It is necessary to present a judicial authorization obtained in the juvenile court. Both parents' recognized signatures must appear in this document. In order to obtain it, you need to show the following documents to the court.

  • Proof of residence.
  • Passport of the child or baby.
  • Copies of pages 1, 2 and 3 of the child's passport.
  • Identity Card and Taxpayer Registration Card (Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas or CPF) of the father and mother, original plus one copy.

If the minor is traveling alone​​

It will be necessary to present a letter of authorization, not strictly endorsed by a judge, that expresses the approval of the father and the mother. It must have the full names and ID numbers, as well as the acknowledged signature of each parent.

Download the international travel authorization form (available in Portuguese).

Additional information when traveling with minors

We welcome and promote local and international regulations and laws on the prevention of exploitation, pornography and sex tourism with minors, as well as the protection of the human rights of children and adolescents, and in general all those that tend to the care and defense of all vulnerable populations.

By way of reference:

  • In Colombia Law 679 of 2001 and 1336 of 2009.
  • In Panama Article 187 of the Penal Code.

Consult the requirements or authorizations necessary for the exit and entry of minors with the corresponding migratory authority of each country. We recommend you to carry an additional authenticated copy of this authorization, in case the migratory authority of connection or destination requires it for the entry or exit of the country.

Was this article helpful?