Yes, you can change the date and time of your flight before departure. Keep in mind that additional charges may apply depending on your fare conditions.
If you are going to make a change, use the available tools and do it yourself:
- Go to Manage your booking at avianca.com
- Choose the Check and change your flight option
- Choose the flight you want to change and the new date or schedule option.
- Finally, confirm your selection and enter the payment information
- You will receive an email with your updated itinerary
Additional charges for itinerary changes
Depending on the purchased fare, there are 3 types of charges
- Change charge: which corresponds to an additional charge generated by voluntary changes made to the ticket (only for XS, S and M fares).
|Flights within Colombia||Flights within Ecuador||International flights within South America||Other International flights*|
|COP 110.000||USD 28||USD 170||USD 200|
(*) Applies to flights to and from Europe, North America, Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean.
- Fare difference, which is the difference in value between the ticket you initially bought and the new option you are choosing (apply for all fares).
- Differences generated by taxes (applicable according to the regulations of each country).
- Itinerary changes on tickets purchased with XS fare before May 3, 2023, are not allowed, regardless of the date of the flight.
- Changes apply per route, and are available only to set the date or time of your flight
- For L and XXL fares, changes are allowed before and after the flight without a change charge, but fare difference charges and taxes may apply.
For domestic flights, purchases or changes to your itinerary are allowed up to 35 minutes prior to departure, and for international flights, up to 1 hour.
- Charges for changes before flight departure have the same cost, whether it is for a one way flight or a round trip.