If you are purchasing your tickets and additional services (seats, baggage, or Avianca Lounges) through avianca.com or Avianca's app, you can pay with credit and debit cards regardless of where they were issued, or with PSE if you are in Colombia.
Furthermore, in all our markets, except for Argentina and Europe, you can split the payment for your booking between two credit cards or use your Avianca UATP Card.
Keep in mind
If you are using a credit or debit card that is not issued by a Colombian bank, you will need to enable it for international purchases. Additionally, we recommend that you check with your bank for the transaction cost for this type of purchase.
- In all countries, payments with franchise cards are accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, American Express, and Avianca UATP.
- Discover is accepted in all countries except Colombia.
- In Brazil, ELO is additionally accepted.
- For purchases from Colombia, Argentina, and Brazil, the charge is made in the legal currency for each country.
- If you are making a purchase from Spain, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Netherlands, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, or Switzerland, the charge will be in euros.
- If you are making a purchase from Scotland, Wales, England, and Northern Ireland, the charge will be in British pounds.
- If you are making a purchase from Chile, please note that the purchase of your ticket will be in dollars, and depending on the credit card, additional charges may apply for an international purchase.
- For the rest of the countries, the charge is made in US dollars.
- In Colombia, purchases with payments up to 32 installments are allowed.
- In Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, and Ecuador, all credit/debit cards allow purchases with a single installment (one-time payment).
- In Brazil, all credit cards allow deferred payment for purchases in up to 10 installments without interest.
- If your credit/debit card is issued by an international bank, the payment will be deferred to a single installment.
If you are in Bolivia and the origin of the ticket route is Bolivia, you can request information to complete your SIAT PURCHASE RECORD since your ticket serves as an equivalent to an invoice.
- To do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com, attaching the electronic ticket you received at the time of purchase and providing your tax information (NIY and NAME).
- Please ensure to do this within the calendar month of your purchase to retain the tax credit; otherwise, our sales record will be reported without a tax identification number (NIT) and under the passenger's name.
In other countries, the invoice and payment receipt will be sent via email.