You can do so by complying with the packaging and transportation requirements we will explain to you below.
If your sports equipment meets the conditions and is on the following list, you'll be able to bring it with you in the aircraft cabin.
- Bowling equipment:
You can carry a bowling case, bowling balls and shoes.
- Tennis equipment:
Carry your racquet packed in the baggage designed for this purpose.
- Archery equipment:
Travel with a bow and arrows transported in the same case.
- Fishing equipment:
You can fly with a pair of boots, a net and two fishing rods.
Fishing equipment may not be carried in the cabin for domestic flights in Colombia.
Your sports equipment must comply with the following measurements in order to fit in the cabin: 115 linear cm and 10 kg in weight. Please note that if you are flying with an XS fare, you will have to pay an additional charge for one piece of carry-on baggage.
If your sports baggage is on the following list and meets the conditions described, you can take it with you in the hold of the aircraft.
- Ski equipment:
We accept as baggage a pair of skis or a snowboard, two poles, boots, and shoes. It must measure up to 230 linear centimeters.
You can carry one glider, one harness, and the metal structure that holds the glider. In each bag, one 5-meter-long wing is allowed. (The bag must not exceed 23 kg in weight and 158 cm in dimension).
- Surf equipment:
As part of your baggage, you can check in a bag with up to three surfboards for a fee. The length of the bag must be up to 3.7 meters.
- Diving equipment:
- You can carry an air regulator, an empty tank, two rubber fins, a conventional speargun, a mask, a snorkel, a rubber suit, a weight belt, and high-intensity underwater lamps. It must measure up to 230 linear centimeters.
- Golf / polo equipment:
- You can include a golf bag with a maximum of 14 properly packed and secured clubs, 12 balls, and a pair of golf shoes. It should measure up to 230 linear centimeters. A polo cue case, up to 12 cues, 2 balls, a pair of boots, a pair of knee pads, and a pair of gloves properly packed and secured.
- We only accept bicycles that are non-motorized and have a single seat. It must be packed in a cardboard box with the pedals removed and the tiller parallel to the body of the bicycle, or packed in baggage specifically designed for this purpose. It must measure up to 230 linear centimeters.
If your baggage meets the specifications mentioned above, you can take it with you for an additional fee:
|Buy it||Domestic flights in Colombia||Domestic flights in Ecuador||International flights|
|On avianca.com and other channels||COP 70.000||USD 25||USD 100|
|At the airport||COP 90.000||USD 35||USD 120|
- For your diving equipment, high-intensity underwater or diving lamps will only be accepted if the heat-generating component or battery has been packaged separately to prevent activation during transport. All removed batteries must be protected against short circuits.
- Sports equipment and its packaging must withstand handling by our personnel; otherwise, it cannot be transported.
- If you register your equipment as additional baggage, the corresponding fee applies for a sports equipment, subject to space availability.
- For flights to and from Europe: pieces that weigh more than or equal to 33 kg (71 lbs) or that the sum of their external dimensions (height + length + width) exceeds 230 cm (90.5 inches) will not be accepted as checked baggage. To transport them, you must contact our cargo service.
- You are allowed to carry a maximum of one board measuring less than 2 meters.
- Kitesurf: you may bring one wakeboard of a maximum of 366 centimeters (12 feet), one kite, one steering bar, and one harness. These items must weigh less than 32 kilograms (70 pounds).
- Windsurfing equipment: you can include in your baggage a board of a maximum of 366 centimeters (12 feet) long and weighing less than 32 kilograms (70 pounds), a mast and a boom.