Do you need to take sports equipment on your trip? Don't worry, you can do so by complying with the packing and transport requirements for sports equipment shown below.
- Bowling equipment
You can carry a bowling case, bowling balls and shoes.
- Tennis equipment
Carry your racquet packed in the luggage designed for this purpose.
- Fishing equipment
- You can fly with a pair of boots, a net and two fishing rods.
- Archery equipment
- Travel with a bow and arrows transported in the appropriate packaging.
Your sports equipment must comply with the following measurements in order to fit in the cabin: 115 linear cm and 10 kg in weight. For the XS size you must pay an additional charge.
|Channels||Domestic flights in Colombia||Domestic flights in Ecuador||
|Avianca.com and other channels||COP 60.000||USD 25||USD 80|
|Airport||COP 80.000||USD 35||USD 105|
- Ski equipment
We accept as luggage a pair of skis or a snowboard, two poles, boots, and shoes. It must measure up to 230 linear centimeters.
You can carry one glider, one harness, and the metal structure that holds the glider. In each bag, one 5-meter-long wing is allowed. (The bag must not exceed 23 kg in weight and 158 cm in dimension).
- Surf equipment
As part of your baggage, you can check in a bag with up to three surfboards for a fee. The length of the bag must be up to 3.7 meters.
- Diving equipment
- You can carry an air regulator, an empty tank, two rubber fins, a conventional speargun, a mask, a snorkel, a rubber suit, a weight belt, and high-intensity underwater lamps. It must measure up to 230 linear centimeters.
- Golf / polo equipment
- You can include a golf bag with a maximum of 14 properly packed and secured clubs, 12 balls, and a pair of golf shoes. It should measure up to 230 linear centimeters. A polo cue case, up to 12 cues, 2 balls, a pair of boots, a pair of knee pads, and a pair of gloves properly packed and secured.
- We only accept bicycles that are non-motorized and have a single seat. It must be packed in a cardboard box with the pedals removed and the tiller parallel to the body of the bicycle, or packed in luggage specifically designed for this purpose. It must measure up to 230 linear centimeters.
- For your diving equipment, high-intensity underwater or diving lamps will only be accepted if the heat-generating component or battery has been packaged separately to prevent activation during transport. All removed batteries must be protected against short circuits.
- For passengers originating in Colombia traveling with an Avianca Tours dive plan, they will be identified with the word PLAN BUCEO in the comments field on the physical ticket. Tickets that do NOT contain the words "PLAN BUCEO" will not be eligible for the benefit/exemption.
- Passengers originating in regions other than Colombia must present the letter of exoneration on the day of the flight(s ) in order to receive the benefit. Without this letter, the exemption cannot be granted.
- Sports equipment and its packaging must withstand handling by our personnel, otherwise, it cannot be transported.
- If you check your equipment as additional baggage, a charge for sports equipment applies subject to space availability.
- For flights to and from Europe: pieces that weigh more than or equal to 33 kg (71 lbs) or that the sum of their external dimensions (height + length + width) exceeds 230 cm (90.5 inches) will not be accepted as checked baggage. To transport them, you must contact our cargo service.
- You can carry a maximum of one board measuring less than 2 meters.
- If the aircraft is an Embraer 190, a board not exceeding 1.18 meters (5.9 feet) in length is acceptable.
- If the aircraft you are flying is an ATR, one board per bag is allowed.
- On flights operated by Cessna Caravan aircraft, the board must be carried outside its bag.
- Kite Surfing: You may bring one wakeboard of a maximum of 366 centimeters (12 feet), one kite, one steering bar, and one harness. These items must weigh less than 32 kilograms (70 pounds).
- Windsurfing equipment: You can include in your luggage a board of a maximum of 366 centimeters (12 feet) long and weighing less than 32 kilograms (70 pounds), a mast and a boom.