We'll tell you what you can do to get your item back.
If you are reporting within 48 hours after your flight fill the baggage self-management form taking into account the following steps:
- Read the requested information in detail.
- Fill in the information of the forgotten object.
- Complete and verify contact information.
- Include and review your reservation information.
- If we find your item we will contact you.
- Report your forgotten items through our Contact center or at the baggage office of the corresponding airport.
- It is necessary to present your ID and boarding pass to claim a forgotten item at the Office or at the Central Baggage Office. If you are unable to claim it personally, you can send a signed letter of authorization with a copy of your ID and that of the person you are authorizing.
We will store your forgotten items or baggage for 2 months from the date we find your items or the luggage arrives. In the event that this time has passed and no one has claimed the forgotten belongings, they may be destroyed and we will no longer be liable for these items.
If you forgot any documents such as ID cards, passports, driver's licenses, among others, on the plane or in the Avianca Lounges at El Dorado Airport, contact OPAIN's Lost and Found office at (57)(1) 4397070 Ext. 5112. If the documents were found in a wallet, suitcase, bag or backpack, contact the Avianca baggage office located at the airport.