You can request a refund for your ticket by accessing the Refunds option on avianca.com. Please review the conditions that apply to the fare you purchased.
Keep in mind:
If you made a refund request and received it on an avianca UATP Card, you can request a refund to your original payment method. The above does not apply for refund requests in Colombia made before July 1, 2023.
Do it yourself
- Enter the option Your booking and select Changes and refunds option at avianca.com
- If you bought your ticket from a travel agency, you must arrange the refund directly with them.
- If you need to request the return of your LifeMiles ticket, please contact our Contact Center or visit our sales offices.
How to check the status of a refund?
- Just enter your details in the Refund Inquiry tab on our website.
- Remember to write the information as it appears in the email we sent you when you created your application.
Can't travel and your ticket is non-refundable?
If you have a non-refundable ticket that allows date changes, you may reschedule your flight and only the change fees will be deducted.
If you are unable to reschedule your trip, you can request a refund of the refund of the taxes that correspond to the unused part of the ticket.
- If you are affected by the airline and your itinerary is changed by less than one hour, you will be able to choose between the re-accommodation options we offer or request a refund, subject to the conditions of your fare.
- Before requesting a refund, please check the conditions of your ticket in the purchase confirmation. To qualify for a refund, we apply certain fees that represent a partial refund of your size.
- An additional processing fee may be incurred, which will be deducted from the amount we will refund.
- There are some taxes, fees, or contributions that are not refundable by regulation. For these refunds, you must go to the offices of the collecting authority.
- For Colombia, according to article 17 of decree 482 of 26 March 2020, all reimbursement requests processed during the emergency decreed in Colombia will be delivered in the form of an avianca UATP Card.