Children under 2 years old are considered infants. Please note that if the infant turns 2 years old before or during the return date of the trip, their ticket will be changed to a child ticket (2 to 11 years old) and a seat will be assigned to them.
Here are some additional key points to consider before flying:
- If the infant is less than 10 days old, you must present a medical certificate authorizing the mother and the infant to fly.
- Bring a certificate from your pediatrician stating the infant's weight and height in inches or centimeters.
- Find out about the documents and requirements you must comply with when flying with children and infants.
- An adult may fly with a maximum of 2 infants, whose tickets must be on the same reservation.
- If the infant needs a seat, you must buy a child (not infant) ticket, and he/she must fly in an approved infant seat with seat belt included. To make sure this is the case, check that the following message is printed on it: “certified for use in motor vehicles and aircraft”.
- For safety reasons and depending on the aircraft configuration, infantss will not be able to fly in the seats located at:
- Rows 1,2,3,4, or 7 of A319 and A320 aircraft
- Row 6 of B787-8 aircraft
- Emergency exits of all our aircraft
- If you are flying with 2 infants, one of them will fly sitting on your lap and the second infant must fly with an assigned seat in a special infant seat.
Baby cradle or bassinet
- Depending on the type of aircraft, we may install a cradle when the aircraft takes off, and we will uninstall it before landing.
- This service is available for infants 12 months old or younger, measuring 74 cm and weighing up to 11 kg.
- You can purchase the service when booking your flight at our Contact center, at the counter at the airport or through our WhatsApp.
- There is a limited quota of 3 cribs per type of aircraft and seats selected to provide this service.
- Due to operational issues, the aircraft assigned for the trip may change. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the service.
- Flights operated by Avianca Ecuador S.A. do not have this service.
- There's a special menu with baby food, on flights from and to Europe.