Yes, you can change the date and time of your flight before departure. Keep in mind that additional charges may apply depending on your fare conditions.
If you are going to make a change, use the available tools and do it yourself:
- Go to the "Your booking" option and select Manage your booking at avianca.com.
- Click the button Change flight and complete your data.
- Choose the flight you want to change and the new date or schedule option.
- Finally, confirm your selection and enter the payment information.
- You will receive an email with your updated itinerary.
Additional charges for itinerary changes
Depending on the purchased fare, there are 3 types of charges
- Change fee: which corresponds to an additional charge generated by voluntary changes made to the ticket (only for basic, light, classic, XS, S and M fares).
Domestic in Colombia
- Fare difference, which is the difference in value between the ticket fare you initially bought and the new fare you are choosing (apply for all fares).
- Differences generated by taxes (applicable according to the regulations of each country).
- For tickets purchased with basic, light, classic, XS, S, and M fares, changes are not allowed after flight departure.
- For flex and business fares, changes are allowed before flight departure without a change charge, but fare difference charges and taxes may apply.
- Itinerary changes on tickets purchased with XS fare before May 3, 2023, are not allowed, regardless of the date of the flight.
- For L and XXL fares, changes are allowed before and after the flight without a change charge, but fare difference charges and taxes may apply.
- For domestic flights, purchases or changes to your itinerary are allowed up to 35 minutes before departure, and for international flights, up to 1 hour.
- Charges for changes before flight departure have the same cost, whether it is for a one way flight or a round trip.
- Changes apply per route, and are available only to set the date or time of your flight.
- The flights on your ticket must be used in the order indicated on your itinerary. If you did not fly outbound, you will not be able to use the return flight, as the itinerary is cancelled. There are some exceptions under certain conditions in Colombia and Brazil. To make use of these exceptions, please contact our Contact center at least one hour prior to flight departure.