Star Alliance is the first global aviation alliance and the largest worldwide alliance of airlines. It is made up of avianca and 25 other airlines committed to the highest standards of safety and customer service. Through the Star Alliance network, you can fly to more than 1,300 destinations in 195 countries around the world and gain access to several benefits.
Through this alliance, we offer you benefits and privileges while you travel, and we also provide members of our lifemiles loyalty program the opportunity to earn and redeem miles, kilometers or points across the entire Star Alliance network.
- Purchase a single ticket, pay for the entire journey in the same currency and from a single airline or agent. In this way, the number of destinations or airlines with which you travel in a connecting flight will not be an issue.
- You can check your baggage just once for all flights on an itinerary connecting with one or more Star Alliance member airlines.
- If you are traveling on a connecting flight, your baggage will only be checked in to its final destination if all the flights are included in the same transport contract, i.e., if they are checked in on just one ticket. If not, when you make your connection you must pick up your baggage and check it at the counter of the airline you will be flying with on your next flight.
- If you miss a connecting flight due to causes attributable to any of the airlines providing their services as part of the interline ticket, you will be provided with allocation to a flight, assistance and coverage of basic expenses (hotel, meals and transport).
- Round the world: explore the world to/from countries in the Southwest Pacific, Africa/Middle East, Europe, North America, Central America and South America with a single ticket through the Star Alliance network. Learn more by visiting Round the world – Star Alliance..
- Circle Pacific: You will be able to connect the East with the West and enjoy more than 85 destinations in more than 25 countries/regions with the Star Alliance network (rate applicable on Pacific Circle trips to Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, Canada, China, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia Tahiti, Hong Kong SAR, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Philippines, Western Samoa, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Tonga, USA. and Vietnam). For more information, see Circle pacific - Star Alliance.
There are many benefits to being a lifemiles member and flying with Star Alliance member airlines. Keep in mind that lifemiles Red Plus and lifemiles Silver members enjoy Star Alliance Silver status, and lifemiles Gold and Diamond members enjoy Star Alliance Gold status.
Priority in security and immigration lines. For more information, see Gold Track.
Additional baggage allowed
You may carry one additional 20 kg (44 lb) piece of baggage in terms of weight allowance or one additional piece of baggage in terms of number of pieces of baggage.
You will be able to board alongside Business Class passengers (where available).
Access to airport VIP lounges
Enjoy a quiet and exclusive space to work or relax before your flight in more than 1,000 VIP lounges (with some restrictions). Check the policies on lounge access.
Preferential baggage handling
Your baggage will receive preferential handling, so it will be among the first to appear on the conveyor belt.
Avoid lines at check-in counters – locate the priority counters with the Star Alliance Gold logo (where available).
Priority for standby
If travel plans change for any reason and flights are full, or if there are no seats available on your preferred flight, you will be given higher priority on the standby list (except when traveling on tickets purchased with miles and except where provided by law).