Check in online at least 48 hours before the departure of your flight and 24 hours if you are traveling to or from the United States and Canada. You can do so from any device or in person at our kiosks or the counters at the airport.
Keep in mind that you must be at the airport: 3 hours beforehand for international flights and 2 hours beforehand for domestic flights in Colombia and Ecuador. If you would like to request a special service, please show up an additional hour in advance to activate the service.
Here's how you can manage your check-in easily and quickly:
- Open the avianca app or enter avianca.com website in your browser and select Check-in.
- Enter your booking code or ticket number and provide the requested information.
- Remember that when you check in online, you will receive your boarding pass on your cell phone, and you do not need to print it.
If you can't check-in online or prefer to do so in person at the airport kiosks, so you can avoid having to wait in long queues or additional costs for checking in at the counter.
What you need to know:
- In general, the kiosks are in front of the lines at the airport counters.
- You can use the kiosks to check in and print your boarding pass without having to go through the check-in counters.
- Remember to arrive at the airport check-in counter up to 3 hours before departure for international flights and 2 hours for domestic flights.
- To check in, you must have these documents ready: booking code, ticket number, passport or barcode, frequent flyer number.
- During check-in at kiosks, you must confirm that you are NOT carrying dangerous or prohibited items in your carry-on baggage.
- In addition to checking in, you can print your baggage tags and check your baggage.
If you prefer to check in at the airport, you can do so at our counters. Keep in mind that the basic, light, XS and S fares have additional charges.
|Domestic flights in Colombia
|Domestic flights in Ecuador o Guatemala
|From the United Kingdom
Prices may change at any time without notice and these amounts are non-refundable. You must check in at the counters at least 45 minutes before departure for domestic flights and 60 minutes for international flights.
During check-in, you can:
- Change and choose your favorite seat
- Add extra baggage
- Update the contact information on your booking
- Download or send your boarding pass to your email
- The time limit to get your boarding pass online is 45 minutes before departure for domestic flights and 60 minutes for international flights.
- Make sure your booking includes less than 8 people and that your flight itinerary does not exceed two connections between your origin and your destination.
- Online check-in will not be available if you are assigned any special services or have travel itineraries that include codeshare routes (shared flight segments).
- For connections with other airlines, you can only check in for avianca flights.
- If you already checked in online and you did not receive your boarding pass, you must go to the Check-in section at avianca.com and complete the fields with your booking information and click on "View boarding passes" to view your boarding pass.
- If you have a connection with Renfe, make sure you check in on their website so you don't miss your connection when you arrive at your destination.
- If you are in Colombia and you are registered at Bio Mig, use the self-service machines found next to the Immigration lines to expedite your procedures. If you are not registered, register for free in the Emigration (enrollment) and Immigration (authentication or passage through the corridors) areas of the El Dorado Airport Migration Control Post.