To request a ticket refund, you must consider the conditions that apply to the fare you chose (basic, light, classic, flex, business, XS, S, M, L, or XXL) at the time of purchase. You can find this information in your purchase confirmation or on avianca.com by accessing fare types.
Reasons to ask for a refund
- Loss of a connection caused by us
- Duplicate tickets
- Change of itinerary
- Flight cancellation
- Double collection of departure taxes and airport charges
- Delay in flight departure (Different from climate conditions or causes beyond the control of the airline)
- Withdrawal of purchase*
- Retraction of purchase
- Passenger's illness or death
*As of June 1, 2023, additional services will be refundable if requested together with your ticket refund. This applies to flex, business, L or XXL fares.
Conditions for requesting a refund
- A refund will be made under the name of the parents or guardians, and you must show the document that shows that the minor is legally represented to get a cash refund.
- Please note that in order to make a refund request for bookings that include infants (10 days to 24 months), you must enter your ticket number and add the other related tickets in the booking you wish to refund.
- If you redeemed your ticket with lifemiles, please contact our Contact center or visit one of our sales offices to make the corresponding refund.
- If you are affected by the airline and your itinerary is changed by less than one hour, you will be able to choose between the re-accommodation options we offer or request a refund, subject to the conditions of your fare.
- In some cases and depending on the governmental regulations of each country, it is possible to refund unused taxes.
- To avoid any refund restrictions, you must cancel your booking in time.
- Ticket issuance fees are non-refundable. Also, please note that in some countries, there is an administrative fee for refund processing.
- Our fares comply with the requirements established by law, and their conditions and restrictions have been duly reported to the Colombian Civil Aeronautics Authority (Aeronáutica Civil de Colombia).
Cash refunds are only issued to the ticket holder, in the currency of the country where the refund is processed.If you are not the ticket holder and need to process a refund, you must present a notarized document (for Colombia), or its equivalent in other countries, certifying that the ticket holder authorizes you to carry out the procedure on their behalf. The document must specify the identification numbers of the ticket holder and the person carrying out the procedure.